09/13/13/ 2:00 P.M. – Following is a list of road conditions affecting Gilpin County effective at 2:00 p.m.
- Highway 6 from Golden to I-70 is open, however, there is no access onto I-70 at the junction of Highway 6 and I-70
- Highway 119 is completely open
- Central City Parkway is open to I-70
- I-70 can be accessed via the Central City Parkway, however, traffic on I-70 eastbound and westbound is reduced to one lane
- Hwy 72 is closed from Highway 119 in Gilpin County to Highway 93 in Golden
- Highway 46 (Golden Gate Canyon) is open from Highway 119 to Robinson Hill ONLY
- Boulder Canyon Road is closed from Nederland to Boulder
- Highway 119 north of Nederland is closed
09/13/13 07:45 a.m. – All of Gilpin County is under a flash flood warning until 7:30 p.m. tonight. Be prepared to move to higher ground or to an upper level of your home.
09/13/13 0645 – Highway 6 from Gilpin to Golden is open at this time. Highway 72 is closed in both directions for a minimum of 2 days. Highway 46 is closed in both directions. Central City Parkway is open to I-70. Currently I-70 is closed westbound at Floyd Hill. I-70 is open eastbound and westbound from the Central City Parkway. Continue to follow us on Twitter or at gilpincountysheriff.com for the latest updates.
09/12/13 07:55 P.M. – Effective immediately, Highway 6 from Golden to the junction of Highway 6 and Highway 119 is closed in both directions due dangerous conditions from falling rocks. Gilpin County is currently under a flash flood warning until 10:15 p.m. but may be extended. According to the National Weather Service the following areas will experience flooding: Central City, Black Hawk, Tolland, Rollinsville; Idaho Springs, Floyd Hill, Bergan Park, Evergreen. Update information will be posted as it is available.
09/12/13 2:45 p.m. – Currently there are no road closures due to weather in Gilpin County. The National Weather Service is calling for up to 2″ of rain for Gilpin County through this evening and into Friday morning. We will be updating any road closures or emergency weather information as it becomes necessary.