According to the American Burn Association, approximately 4,000 deaths occur from fire and burn injuries and 600,00 people receive medical treatment in emergency departments for burn injuries. Close to half of all burn injuries treated in hospital emergency departments and one-third of admissions to burn centers are scald injuries. 60% of all scald injuries are suffered by children ages 0-4. Young children are curious and are often just trying to be helpful. Make a kid-free zone on the floor with tape. At a young age, they can understand “NO” when it refers to entering that zone. #COPrepare.
For tips and preparedness information, follow Twitter – @READYColorado; Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/READYColorado; YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/readycolorado.
Hours & InfoAdministration: 303-582-1060Mon-Fri: 8AM-5PM
- ALL Gilpin County offices are closed, including the County Courts, due to power outages. For emergencies, dial 911… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- .@WMATA Stop attacking Christmas--and let @WashArchdiocese’s Christmas message be seen! 1 month ago
- The Gilpin County Sheriff's Office Administration Office will be closed on Monday, October 9, 2017 for Columbus Day. 3 months ago
- URGENT- Red flag warning in effect 9/19/17 11am-8pm for #GILPINCOUNTY. Windy conditions may result in extreme fire conditions. 4 months ago
- #DRUGDROPOFF BOX installed at #GILPINCOUNTYSHERIFF'SOFFICE. Open 24 hrs. For details: ow.ly/TigP30eQRpi 4 months ago
- UPDATE-GILPIN COUNTY RD CLOSURE DATES: #SouthBeaverCreek closed 08/29/17 7:30am-08/31/17 4:00pm for construction. ow.ly/cBYz30eGHS0 5 months ago
- Construction to close Hwy 119 between Paradise Valley & Apex Vly Rd in Gilpin County on 8/ 29 & 30. For detours: facebook.com/GilpinSheriff/ 5 months ago
- UP Railroad will close BeaverCreek railroad crossing in Gilpin County on 8/28/17 @7am - 8/31 @4:00pm. bit.ly/2xwUkTc 5 months ago
- Effective 5pm 07/27/17-All Fire Restrictions for #GilpinCounty Lifted. Check #NationalForests for fire restrictions bit.ly/2vcPei0 5 months ago
- GILPIN COUNTY ON STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS effective at 5:00 p.m. on July 5, 2017. For details go to gilpincountysheriff.com. 6 months ago