According to the American Burn Association, approximately 4,000 deaths occur from fire and burn injuries and 600,00 people receive medical treatment in emergency departments for burn injuries. Close to half of all burn injuries treated in hospital emergency departments and one-third of admissions to burn centers are scald injuries. 60% of all scald injuries are suffered by children ages 0-4. Young children are curious and are often just trying to be helpful. Make a kid-free zone on the floor with tape. At a young age, they can understand “NO” when it refers to entering that zone. #COPrepare.
For tips and preparedness information, follow Twitter – @READYColorado; Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/READYColorado; YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/readycolorado.
Hours & InfoAdministration: 303-582-1060Mon-Fri: 8AM-5PM
- #GilpinCounty #TravelRestrictions as noted in Public Health Order #20-7 have been extended until 11:59 p.m. on May… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- GILPIN COUNTY ROAD CLOSURE UPDATE Amended #Gilpintravelrestrictions on Apex Valley, Bald Mountain Lane, Columbine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- #REDFLAG warning issued for #GILPINCOUNTY for 05/19/20 from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. MDT. https://t.co/fZlBsvpufm 2 weeks ago
- RT @CO_CDHS: More than 400,000 Coloradans have filed for unemployment benefits during #COVID19. If you have lost your job, the new OnwardCO… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BoulderOEM: If you or someone you know is looking for COVID-19 information in Spanish, please tune in to KGNU Pasa La Voz at 4 p.m. on… 2 weeks ago
- RT @GovofCO: Tomorrow at 7 pm buildings around CO will turn red to honor those we have lost to #COVID19 and stand together with the familie… 2 weeks ago
- GILPIN COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE NEEDS YOUR HELP! Photos are of suspects in a burglary that occurred on 4/27/20 at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- #GILPINCOUNTY #ROADRESTRICTIONS UPDATE - Public Health Order #20-07 For the latest information on current road rest… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- #CITYOFCENTRAL requiring the use of face coverings in certain public settings for the promotion of health and suppr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @GilpinOEM: During Safer at Home let’s continue doing our part. -Wear a mask in public -Stay at home as much as possible – especially th… 3 weeks ago