Monthly Archives: December 2014

UPDATE – Dog Injured in Black Hawk House Fire OK

The dog, Niko, that was injured in the house fire at 412 Chalet Drive, Black Hawk, CO on November 30th  and was promptly taken to the Nederland Veterinarian Clinic by an off-duty Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office deputy, is reported to be in good condition and is expected to make a full recovery. The veterinarian at the clinic is crediting the deputy with saving the dogs life by his quick actions. The sheriff’s office has been unable to verify information that a second dog was in the residence.

Information obtained by Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office investigators has confirmed that the house fire at 412 Chalet Drive, Black Hawk, CO on November 30th was caused by a butane hash oil extraction process. The investigation is continuing.