Category Archives: Fire Information

Fire information and Fire Restrictions

BURN AWARENESS WEEK #5

Treat BurnTreat burns by: using “cool” water, not cold; remove clothing/diapers around the injury; cover with clean, loose bandages; seek medical attention. http://www.ameriburn.org #COReady

Advertisements

BURN AWARENESS WEEK #4

Child Safe Zone - 3 Feet

Child Safe Zone – 3 Feet

Watch this FEMA cooking fire safety video for #BurnAwareness info.

https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVqylpoENlk#action=share. #COReady

BURN AWARENESS WEEK #3

Child Hand Scald Injury60% of all scald injuries are suffered by children ages 0-4. Establish a kid-free zone. #COReady.

BURN AWARENESS WEEK #2

ScaldClose to half of all burn injuries treated and 1/3 of admissions to burn centers are scald injuries. For helpful information go to #COPrepare #BurnAwareness.

BURN AWARENESS WEEK #1

Sheriffs Office Badge 2It’s #BurnAwareness Week from Feb. 2-7. Read our new READYColorado Burn Awareness blog at https://www.readycolorado.com/blog/burn-awareness-week-february-2-7-2015 … #COReady

Gilpin County Man Wanted for Hash Oil Manufacturing and Arson

Leland Baker

Leland Baker

The Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office issued an arrest warrant on January 7, 2015 for Mr. Leland Baker, DOB: 10/21/54. Mr. Baker is accused of manufacturing has oil in his home causing an explosion and fire on November 30, 2014 which injured one of his dogs, killed another dog and sent him to the hospital with burns. The Jefferson/Gilpin County District Attorney’s office has filed charges accusing Mr. IMG_8765 (2)Baker of:  Processing or Manufacturing of Marijuana or Marijuana Concentrate; Arson; Possession of a Controlled
Substance; and Cruelty to Animals.  Anyone with information regarding Mr. Leland Baker’s whereabouts should contact Investigator Robert Enney with the Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office at 303-582-1060.

Butane Tank Explosion Destroys Home

photo 1 photo 2At approximately 11:16 this morning neighbors reported seeing flames from a home at 412 Chalet Drive in Black Hawk, CO. A neighbor saw a man trying to exit a window from the home and ran to help. Another passerby stopped to help and the two were able to pull the injured man to the road. The victim was transported to St. Anthony Hospital with burns to his hands. A dog in the residence also received burns.  The cause was a butane tank explosion.